Copper Netted Tigers Eye Pendant
This beautiful oval tigers eye has been simply wrapped in bare copper wire to best show the chatoyancy of the gemstone. This is the natural optical effect you get from tigers eye giving it the rich definition of colours within the stone. I have used a netting technique to capture the stone and then created a bale from which the pendant can hang from.
I have applied a patina to the copper to speed up the aging process of the metal and darken it and sealed to protect this colour from coming off on your skin.
Pendant length – 1.5 inches including bale
Pendant width – 1 inches wide at widest point.
The pendant will come with a 16 inch black pendant cord and in a gift box. Should you wish for a longer one please message me and I can provide a longer one.
About Tigers Eye
Tigers eye is a chatoyant gemstone which is normally formed from metamorphic rock with a reddy brown hue and silky lustre. The name is thought to come from it’s similiarity to a cats or tigers eye.
Many believe that tigers eye is a powerful gemstone that can help you to release fear and anxiety and therefore lead toward greater harmony and balance in your life.
Care for your jewellery
Great care has been taken in making your jewellery and there are a few tips they we suggest to help you keep your jewellery looking fabulous.
1. Put your jewellery on after you have put on your perfume and any sprays because the chemicals found in these can cause damage to gemstone and pearls and in some cases can cause metals to oxidise.
2. Ensure you take your jewellery off before bathing to avoid any water damage.
3. Ensure you take your jewellery off before sleep to prevent any damage from occurring during sleep.
4. When putting of stretchy bracelets ensure you roll these on to prevent the over stretching of the elastic within. This will prolonging the life of your jewellery.
5. Bare copper and sterling silver will naturally age over time. If your piece has been sealed you may not notice any colour change initially but these metals naturally oxidise and will become darker over time. You may also find a slight colour coming off on your skin, this is nothing to worry about. With copper you may get a slightly green colour. Many believe that this is beneficial and inflammation properties but this is not proven.
If you are interested in anything in the Toria’s Trinkets collection but would like something made personally for you please contact me and i would be happy to sit and talk to you about your thoughts and how i can create a unique piece for you to treasure. I have a wide variety of gemstones that i use to create my pieces and if i don’t have exactly what you are looking for in my stash i will be able to obtain it in order to create your piece of jewellery.
All items from my collections are created with love, care and attention to detail and i hope that when you receive your item you love it as much as i do. I use 100% genuine gemstones and high quality materials. I love what i do and hope you do too.
See my other items here
Thank you for looking at my listing.
Love and light x